What are the immigration procedures for working/living in the Netherlands?

The immigration procedures for working and living in the Netherlands can be overwhelming. Below you find a short summary of the most important aspects.

Eu citizenEU citizens

EU citizens do not need to go through any immigration formalities. The only requirement is that EU nationals who plan to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 4 months register at the local Town Hall. We will schedule and (if agreed) accompany the appointment to make sure it goes smoothly.


work permit NetherlandsWork and Residence permits

Most prospective employees will be eligible for the highly skilled migrant procedure or the Intra Corporate Transferee directive. However, we can assist with all kinds of immigration procedures, whether for short or long stay. We offer advice and consultation as well as submitting all relevant applications on your behalf.


local registrationRegistration

After the formalities have been approved and the non-EU expat has arrived in the Netherlands, he or she needs to register at both the immigration authorities and Town Hall. In many cases combined registration is possible at one of the eight Expat Centers located throughout the Netherlands. If this is not possible, we will coordinate (and if agreed upon) accompany a visit to the IND and the local authorities.


information Settle Service

Interested in one of our Immigration Services? Contact our office and let us take care of you!

Settle Blog

If you relocate to the Netherlands with children, finding a good school for them is probably your first priority. In this article you will read all you have to know about school holidays in the Netherlands in the summer period. Now that the summer and thus the school holidays in the Netherlands is coming close, […]

School holidays in the Netherlands in summer time

Need help?
Contact us.

  • EURA 2008-2016
  • Worldwide ERC
  • ARPN
  • EURA