The EU Blue Card is a residence permit issued for highly qualified employment of third country nationals in the European Union. It is designed to make Europe a more attractive destination for professionals from outside the European Union.
All EU member states (except the United Kingdom, Denmark and Ireland) issue the EU Blue Card. EU Blue card holders from another EU member state, wishing to come to the Netherlands, have to obtain a Dutch residence permit.
If you wish to obtain a Blue Card Settle Service will inform you about the documents needed. Upon receipt we will prepare and submit the immigration documents. We will coordinate any necessary appointments at the immigration authorities. Settle Service will inform all parties involved during the process..
To obtain the residence permit as an EU Blue Card holder, an applicant has to fulfill at least the following criteria:
- To have a work contract/job offer for at least 12 months;
- The employment contract must be with a company registered in the Netherlands;
- An applicant has completed a post-secondary educational program of at least three years (Bachelor or Master). The diploma must be evaluated by Nuffic/IDW;
- The minimal salary for EU Blue Card holders in the Netherlands is € 5,272 gross per month for 2019 (excl. holiday allowance, 13th month salary and other bonuses);
- The applicant has to have a valid passport for at least six months from the date of submitting the application;
- Regulated professionals (e.g. doctors, attorneys) have to prove they meet the requirements to practice the profession in the Netherlands.
The EU Blue Card residence permit application can be submitted by the employer or the employee. The residence permit will be valid for the duration of the employment contract, with a maximum period of four years.