The Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) procedure is used for non EU employees who were recruited from abroad and have signed a local (Dutch) contract.
We inform the employer and the employee about the required documents and will prepare and submit the immigration documents. We coordinate any necessary appointments at the GGD (TB test) and immigration authorities. During the process, we keep all parties proactively informed.
Conditions for the procedure
- The employee should have a local employment contract with a company in the Netherlands;
- The company in the Netherlands has to be a so-called recognised sponsor at the IND;
- Monthly salary of at least € 4,500 (2019) (gross, excluding holiday allowance) for employees > 30 years;
- Monthly salary of at least € 3,299 (2019) (gross, excluding holiday allowance) for employees < 30 years;
- OR monthly salary of at least € 2,364 (2019) after an orientation year/within 3 years of graduating from a Dutch university/after performing scientific research/after graduating from a master’s or post-master’s programme (or obtained a PhD) at a designated international educational institution;
- Depending on your nationality you will need an entry visa/MVV (provisional residence permit) and you will may have to undergo a TB test. Settle Service will inform you if this is the case and will provide you with instructions.
Your Highly Skilled Migrant permit will allow you to work for one specific employer. Changing employer is possible but has to be reported to the Dutch immigration authorities, IND. The maximum length of your HSM permit is the length of your employment contract or a maximum of 5 years (if you have an indefinite contract). After this you may apply for a permit for indefinite stay.
Interested in our Highly Skilled Migrant Service? Contact our office and let us take care of you!