The 30% ruling offers compensation for the extra costs that people from abroad make when they choose to live and work in the Netherlands. It is an important motivation for people from abroad to come work in the Netherlands. Settle Service offers a fast track 30% ruling service.
When our team takes up your application, we will ask you to upload the required documents in our safe system. Upon receipt of all documentation, we will determine whether you are indeed eligible for the 30% facility. If this is the case, your employer can instantly implement the ruling – hence the fast track service – in their personnel administration. You will receive the official confirmation of your eligibility from the Belastingdienst (the Dutch Tax Authorities) a few weeks later.
The 30% ruling has a maximum duration of five years. The main conditions of the ruling are:
- You have an employment relationship;
- You are recruited from another country by your first employer in the Netherlands, or you are on assignment in the Netherlands from another country;
- Of the 2 years before your 1st working day in the Netherlands, you lived outside the Netherlands for more than 16 months, at a distance of more than 150 kilometres from the Dutch border;
- You have specific expertise that is not or is only barely available on the Dutch employment market;
- You have a valid decision.
The specific expertise from the above overview is translated into salary amount:
- In general your fiscal salary in 2019 has to be at least € 37.743;
- If you are younger than 30 years and you have a Dutch master or an equal grade from another country your fiscal salary has to be at least € 28.690;
- If you are a scientific researcher working at certain scientific organizations you will always be eligble for the 30% ruling.
Check out our 30% ruling survey tool to check if you are eligible for this ruling.